Monday, January 28, 2013

So this happened: Glazed Carrots


Dino: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS COOKING TECHNIQUE IS CALLED BUT I JUST DID SOMETHING BRILLIANT WITH CARROTS.

 Giraffe: Well what was it, silly?

Dino: 1. Put pan on high and added a tiny bit of olive oil 2. Threw in a ton of 1 cm slices of (unpeeled) carrot.
3. Sauteed for a few minutes until bored.
 4. Added salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried basil, and crushed red pepper.
5. Sauteed a little bit more.
6. (This was the best part.) Added about a centimeter of water with the heat CRANKED so that everything made happy, sizzly noises.
7. Kept pan on high and uncovered to allow water to rapidly boil away, leaving a really neat, herby, tasty glaze to the carrots.
8. Also, somewhere in there I threw in a handful of raw walnuts and then I topped it off with a spoonful of hummus once cooked.

Giraffe: hi let's be friends who write a cooking blog
Dino: These are the things I dream about.

1 comment:

  1. I think you sautezed them. Sounds delish.

    (mom)

    ReplyDelete